Saturday 2 June 2012

A little about me and this blog....


Last summer, when my cousin was staying over at my place, she introduced me to an amazing and fun hobby- scrap-booking.  As I looked through her albums and pieces, I was inspired and determined to start my own!  It is definitely a very satisfying hobby for me because every time I finished a page, I would go through my entire scrapbook again to review my memories and appreciate my artwork. When I used to mention scrap-booking to my friends and co-workers, they would automatically think of it as an activity for the "elderly"- much like knitting.  However, when they actually see the pages that I have put together, they are usually surprised by how cool it can look.  

Another hobby of mine since I was young is sewing. Although, I don't have the most amazing sewing skills but I find that it's all about being creative and determination in order to sew something "wearable" rather than technical sewing skills.  Unfortunately, as a full-time university student, I haven't had the opportunity to dedicate entire days to designing and sewing clothes (since I am working on a second undergraduate degree, I haven't had time in the last 7 years).  Therefore, the one time a year that I will definitely design and sew outfits is during Halloween, because I think that costumes are way overpriced (sometimes poorly sewn) and it's actually very simple to make.  For the past 3 years, I've been making Halloween costumes for me and my boyfriend and I've always received positive comments, so I would actually want to encourage others to make their own as well!


Yesterday night, as I finished another page for my scrapbook, I suddenly thought of creating my own blog so I could share my scrapbook and costume/clothing creations with people and also encourage them to start their own projects by offering tips and sharing ideas.  I will be updating this blog regularly with pieces of my work and also a quick explanation on how to do it yourself, so hopefully, you will enjoy this as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment